Friday, August 29, 2008
Mormon DJ tops charts
For some time now I've been a fan of a Techno music DJ named Kaskade (Ryan Raddon). He's had several #1 songs on the techno/house music charts. Recently he was named America's best DJ for 2008. As I read a little bit about him, I found out that he moved from Chicago to Utah, went to school at the Univeristy of Utah, and is infact a very active Mormon.
His music has been used in several commercials including a 2007 superbowl commercial.
Generally speaking, the people who like house music are big partiers and in the the night life scene -- activities that are incompatible with LDS standards. It's pretty cool to see someone who's constantly surrounded by a variety of bad influences, yet stays stalwart in his commitment to his religious beliefs.
When asked by an interviewer, "Do you ever find yourself at odds with a nightclub culture that's so antithetical to the values of LDS?"
Kascade replied, "If I do, then I just remove myself from it."
Have a listen to one of Kaskade's new songs here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Bryan-I think you are confused. Mormon and Techno don't go together. Perhaps your thinking MORON!
Doo-hood, I can't believe you're disrespecting Techno music. Clearly there is a direct link between Techno music and ninjormon pure awesomeness.
Yes, and if you view their family tree you will see that Napoleon Dynamite is the direct seed of all ninjormons (Techno loving or not) "lucky":)
Post a Comment